Mount St. Michael Catholic School Admissions
2015-2016 New Applications Accepted
Starting January 9, 2015
Deadline February 22, 2015
Mount St. Michael Catholic School (MSMCS) recognizes that, "Parents are the principal and first educators of their children" (CCC 1653). We are honored that you would consider MSMCS to partner with you in the formation of your children.
Registration in Mount St. Michael Catholic School is a three-fold process of 1) Application for Admissions, 2) a Family Interview, and 3) Enrollment following acceptance for admissions. (Those applying for admittance for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd only will be provided adjustments to these instructions specific to them through the instructions associated with the application. Those are accessed)
Dates Important to this Process:
- January 9-February 22, 2015, Applications Accepted
- February 22, 2015, Application Deadline for
- 1) Admissions and
- 2) Tuition Assistance (Financial Aid) (if applicable)
- March 20, 2015, Tuition Assistance Letters Mailed
- March 31, 2015, for those Accepted, Enrollment Documentation & Fees Deadline
- May 12, 2015, 7:00 pm 2015-2016 New Parent Orientation
- August 3-7, 2015, Transition School required for students entering 4th-8th grades
- August 3-4, 8:30 am-3:00 pm Latin (students bring lunches)
- August 5-7
- 8:30-11:30 am Latin
- 11:30 am Lunch (students bring lunches)
- 12:00-3:00 pm Excellence in Writing
The information below is designed to give you an overview of the Application for Admissions process. Information regarding Enrollment will be distributed after acceptance. If at any time you have questions or need for clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Frances Cedillo, Admissions Coordinator & Executive Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-337-0244.
Click Here for a printable pdf version of these instructions for reference throughout this process.
The Application for Admissions Process
The following is to be completed and Submitted by February 22, 2015:
- Parents attend an "Admissions Coffee", we prefer both parents attend
- 8:00 am-10:00 am: School Mass, Information Session with the Principal, School Tour, Q&A
- Dates to Choose: December 16, January 13, January 27, February 10, February 24, March 24, April 14, May 5, May 19
- Contact Mrs. Frances Cedillo (email@example.com, 214-337-0244) to reserve your space on the date most convenient.
- Since this time is designed to speak directly to parents, free of distraction, it is respectfully requested that children not be in attendance.
- Complete Online Application
- To begin the Online Application process, select Create an Account from the menu above.
- Then log into your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access an open application.
- After submitting the application, you will be able track online your admissions status at the school by logging into your account. There you will be able to print the completed applications, monitor when the school receives supplemental application forms and documents, as well as reprint the supplemental forms if necessary.
- Complete Online Tuition Assistance (Financial Aid) Application (if applicable) through the link in the Online Application
- Please be advised that this application requires the 2014 W-2, the completed 2014 Tax Return, and supporting documetation be faxed to FACTS at 866-315-9264 by February 22nd
- NOTE: Only tuition assistance applications completed by the February 22, 2015 deadline, will be considered for 2015-2016 Tuition Assistance.
- Those applying after the deadline will be considered only if additional funds are available.
- Given limited financial aid resources, the school may not be able to meet all demonstrated need for tuition assistance.
- Letters notifying families of Tuition Assistance Awards will be mailed no later than March 20, 2015.
- Print, Complete, & Provide a Screening Written Interview for each parent/guardian
- Provide Documentation (see applications for grade appropriate documentation) These documents are common to all:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records (must be in compliance with the Texas State Health Department)
- Sacramental Records (Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation - as applicable)
- Custody Agreement (if applicable)
- Diagnostic Testing (if applicable)
- Pay $75 per child Application Fee paid online upon submission of application (non-refundable)
- Schedule the following by contacting Mrs. Frances Cedillo, Admissions Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-337-0244)
- Placement Testing for students entering PK-8th
- Placement Tests are administered on all Fridays in February.
- Preschool & Kindergarten placement tests take place in one-on-one 30-45 minute sessions
- 1st-8th grade placement tests take approximately 2-3 hours
- NOTE: Students who took the IA (Iowa Assessments) and CogAT (Cognative Ability Test) at their current school since September 1 are to provide the results of those tests in lieu of taking the MSMCS placement test.
- Class Visit for students entering the 2nd-8th grades
- on the same day as the student takes the placement test
- provides student an opportunity to experience MSMCS
- provides teacher an opportunity to observe the student in the classroom environment
- Parent Interview with the Principal - NOTE: all of the above must be completed prior to the interview.
- If the child is transferring from another Catholic school, MSMCS will contact the principal of the school from which the student is transferring for a reference.
Tuition & Fees
At Mount St. Michael Catholic School we have created a tuition structure that supports families with many as well as a few children. As a pro-life school fourth+ children have FREE TUITION.
Click here for 2015-2016 Tuition & Fees Schedule
We Look Forward to Meeting You
If you have not already done so, please reserve your place at an "Admissions Coffee." We would like to meet you and give you a better understanding of what it means to receive an education unique among Catholic schools from Mount St. Michael Catholic School.
We appreciate your interest, and will assist you any way we are able. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Frances Cedillo, Admission Coordinator, (email@example.com, 214-337-0244).
May St. Michael guard & guide you,
Mrs. Gretchen Montgomery, MCSL, MTS
*Mount St. Michael Catholic School is a Private Catholic School affiliated with the system of schools for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas. Admission to the school is non-discriminatory based on race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin. The School, as an apostolate of the Christian Community of God’s Delight (CCGD), is committed to providing educational opportunities in a Catholic setting to those who qualify and are committed to the philosophy of the School.